Maps & Directions to Shenandoah National Park
Getting here is easy. It's leaving that's hard.
Shenandoah National Park is located a mere 75 miles west of Washington, D.C. Traveling along historic Skyline Drive you can take in the breathtaking views from any of the 75 overlooks. Stop at the park's visitor centers to get your trail map, view the exhibits and learn about the history that is unique to this park. Visit the park's website for visitor center locations and hours of operation or to get directions to the park.
From Luray, take U.S. 211 East to the Thornton Gap Entrance Station, approximately a 15 minute drive from the downtown area. From Front Royal, take U.S. 340 North, approximately a 5 minute drive from the town of Front Royal.Click here for a map of Skyline Drive.
To access the park, choose one of the four main entrances:
- Front Royal Entrance Station - Most northern entrance (Mile 0.6), accessible via U.S. 340
- Thornton Gap Entrance Station - (Mile 31.5), accessible via U.S. 211
- Swift Run Gap Entrance Station - (Mile 65.7), accessible via U.S. 33
- Rockfish Gap Entrance Station - Most southern entrance (Mile 105.4), accessible via I-64 and U.S. 250
The three lodging properties are located on Skyline Drive at the following miles:
- Skyland Resort - miles 41.7 and 42.5
- Big Meadows Lodge - mile 51.2
- Lewis Mountain Cabins - mile 57.5